Billable services are determined by the type of work requested and the funding source of the location where the work is to be performed.
Within academic buildings Facilities Management State Funded budget covers the maintenance of all systems/equipment that is permanently attached, wired, and plumbed to the facility. Therefore the maintenance and repair of furnishings and specialized equipment purchased by academic departments are the responsibility of that department.
Within University Residences, Wade King Student Recreation Center, Viking Union, and other auxiliary facilities all maintenance and repair services are billable.
Some common examples of common services billed to a department are:
- Key requests
- Non-routine custodial cleaning
- Installation of a new piece of equipment or furniture
- Repair or maintenance of furniture or movable equipment
- Vehicle commissioning, maintenance, or repair
- Departmental renovation of a space
If you have questions about billable work, please contact the FM Customer Service Center at 360-650-3420